Google FeedBurner Email Marketing
FeedBurner has been around for a very long time and it’s free. The company was purchased by Google many years ago and hasn’t spent much time and effort developing it but it provides most of the functionality that most businesses want and need in an email marketing system, including:
- Double opt-in – requires subscribers to confirm their email address
- Sends an email each day your publish a new blog post (based on information from WordPress and RSS newsfeeds)
- Fully anti-SPAM compliant in that every message enables subscribers to opt-out at their discretion
- Readership and click analytics
Although it may sound and look old and clunky MYOB themselves use the system for their newsletter and so does EzyLearn. These days there are dozens of alternatives, including:
- Campaign Monitor
These professional email marketing systems all provide some fancy advanced features like Drip Marketing (feeding new messages to subscribers in a pre-determined and pre-designed time frame – often also called Automation), Campaigns, template design, split-testing and even the capability to re-brand (Campaign Monitor is an Aussie company which enables thousands of media agencies around the world provide their services and earn a retail margin for doing it). Although these well known email marketing brands provide these fancy services, FeedBurner does the job very well for most small businesses and it’s free so we include that in our courses.
Learning how to set this up and embed a subscription form into your website is included in our WordPress Beginners Training Courses.
Google Analytics and Visitor Statistics
Google is one of the most popular tools for small businesses marketing all around the world. It started as one of the easiest search engines to use because the search page was uncluttered and now they provide a raft of other services that are aimed at helping business get found.
Google has become popular is because it helps people find “relevant” information based on selected keywords and keyphrases. As a business owner your goal, if you want to appear at the top of Google search results, should be to pick your target customer and understand what they are looking for, then simply provide that information.
In our Google courses we’ll take you through a number of Google tools to help you achieve the best online marketing results for your business. These tools include:
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
- Google Feedburner, and more
Our Google Courses are regularly updated and this content is available to you during your course access period.
Read more about Google Website Analytics..
G Suite – Google Apps for Work
This suite of programs is underpinned by Gmail and Google Calendar, tools that enable any business owner to run their business life from their mobile phone. This suite of programs also includes Google Docs, Sheets and Presentations, plus Groups, Tasks and much more.
We’ve created a guide to help your technical people under the confusing world of DNS settings for your business domain name. Things like:
- Verifying ownership of your domain
- Setting up users at your business
- Using FTP to upload verification files
- Changing MX and CNAME records
- Changing settings in a DNS system like CloudFlare
- Exploring CRM, Project management and Business Phone system apps for the Google Market Place
- Creating custom URL’s like mail.yourdomain.com.au
Gmail for Business
- Exploring the inbox
- Exploring Contacts and Tasks
- Selecting email message and archiving, labeling, starring and much more
- Sharing Calendars
- Working with Virtual Assistants and shared calendars
- Creating Google Groups
- Exploring distribution lists
This course is available as a Training Workbook and included in the Digital & Social Media Marketing Course.
Enrol into Google Digital Marketing Training Courses